Dandelion Mist

Dandelion Mist
“He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose.” Jim Elliot, Missionary

Saturday, May 28, 2011

From My Heart To God's Heart

Good Morning, Father! How Great Thou Art!
LORD GOD, this Victory Prayer will be so very unusual this morning because this is my very heart revealed. I honestly am at a loss this morning as to what and how to pray. You know, Lord, one of those times when I feel that I've said everything a thousand times over. I fear that I'll sound to You like one of the pagans, who think they'll be heard for their 'much speaking'.
When one prays without ceasing, is in a constant state of prayer, is forever thankful, and always in communion with You in spirit and heart....what is there left to say?
I think of the song "I Can Only Imagine" and I feel that I'm waiting to meet my love, the love King Solomon talks about. As Christ loves His church and is waiting for His bride, so I wait for You, and I long to hear that "voice as the sound of many waters". I long to see those "feet as burnished brass" and those "eyes as flaming fire". I think about how "eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, not entered into the hearts of man, the things that You have prepared for those who love You!"
I can only say then how I wish to see the glory of You as You are the Light that fills the universe when we are with You in heaven, that Your glory fills the temple, that out of Your throne will flow rivers of living waters, how I hope to see that, to be with You, reign with You, serve You, and worship You at Your throne.
What will I see? Will I see the pure white Lamb of God? Will I see that pure white Lamb with a blood stain from the blood that was shed for me and for all?
Will I see You, Jesus, as the Man (the flesh)? Will I see and touch those nail scars? Will I fall before You and lie there as dead? Will I dance before You in joy? Will I laugh with child-like delight? Will I skip and jump about and cause You to laugh?
I anxiously await the streets of pure gold waving in such purity that it alomst appears liquid, shimmering in the Glorious light that is Your Person. I am excited about the twelve foundations of the city of New Jerusalem that is created and designed by You, the precious jewels and soild pure iridescent pearls that are the twelve gates. I look forward to eating from the Tree of Life that heals the nations and yields her fruit monthly.
I stand in awe at the idea of Your Majesty and Love that will permeate the Kingdom.
But Lord, back here on earth, in the here and now, what more can I say? I pray Your Word. I pray scripture. I pray for loved ones. I pray for the lost and the sick. I pray for our enemies. I pray requests from others. I pray as an intercessor.
My prayers are filled with worship and praise and thankfulness. Yet today, I'm at a complete loss for words.
Sometimes I just want to lie in Your presence. Ask for nothing. Require nothing. Say nothing. Do nothing.
I just want to feel You hold me in Your arms, weep, sigh, be still.
I am Yours. I am willing. I surrender. Never let me go! Hold my hand every step, this I do ask, Abba Father.
In the most precious Name of Jesus, I bow before You. I worship, praise and adore You.
I will not worry about anything. You hold my future and You hold my today. I am thankful!
Let the world be confused if they choose. I choose this day, to only serve and trust and obey You.
Choose this day, whom you will serve.....as for me, I will serve the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment