Dandelion Mist

Dandelion Mist
“He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose.” Jim Elliot, Missionary

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Spring Is In The Air?

Yesterday morning, April 18th, 2011, I awakened about five a.m. I did my usual routine, looked out the front door.....cold but no snow as predicted there would be around midnight.
I had my first cup of coffee and my cocoanut covered date snack, and prayed and had my quiet worship time with my heavenly Father.
I went into the kitchen, looked out the window, and lo and behold! Snow was raining down in torrents of beautiful white flakes. I realize that once my daffodils and hyacinths had bloomed, the sunny day we had a week earlier with the 84 degree temperature should have made it clear that spring was here!
Yet, although a bit disappointing that winter was hesitating to leave us, I couldn't help appreciate the pristine white flakes that covered everything.
There's just something about the white, pureness and beauty of new-fallen snow! It makes me think of how we are washed in the blood of Jesus and how HE makes us as white as snow. We may, from time to time, have the dusty old dirt from this world cling to us, and along HE comes, and showers us with His cleansing love and forgiveness.
I will always appreciate those days of crystal white flakes.....even if they come in July or August. Like Jesus told His disciples when He washed their feet, you don't need a full bath, only your feet.....meaning that we don't need salvation all over again.....just a daily washing through searching our souls and examining our hearts, repenting of those dusty old dirty 'sins' that beset us daily, and have a renewal of the Holy Spirit's cleansing power.
April 18, 2011
"Give us this day....." our daily washing and renewal....."our daily bread"......Your Word is our bread of life....
"forgive us our trespasses".......cleanse us daily from our wrong-doing and wrong- thinking....."As we forgive those who trespass against us".......we MUST forgive others IF we expect to BE forgiven.....
Is Spring in the air? Spring is renewal......spring is always in the air!

"Father God, I thank You for the renewal of spring! I thank You for the renewal, the refreshing of Your Holy Spirit....I thank You for the forgiveness of my sin, and that You love me. I thank You for the washing of my feet, daily, as I walk with You by faith, through your mercy and grace! In Jesus' name, Amen!

Rejoice evermore. Pray without ceasing. Give thanks in all things, for this is the will of God for you. Prove all things. Hold fast to that which is good!
I Th. 5:16-21

1 comment:

  1. Dar
    Thank God for His daily renewal and spring cleaning in our lives. Thank you for your positive attitude towards yet another cold snowy day. God has truly blessed you with a beautiful heart and the ability to express in words your feelings.
    I love you
    Dar

    ReplyDelete