Dandelion Mist

Dandelion Mist
“He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose.” Jim Elliot, Missionary

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Obey God!

"Look, today I set before you a blessing and a curse: there will be a blessing, if you obey the commands of the Lord your God I am giving you today, and a curse, if you do not obey the commands of the Lord your God, and you turn aside from the path I command you today by following other gods you have not known. Deuteronomy 11:26-28

How much clearer can God speak to us? IF we love HIM, we WILL obey His commands and stautes!
Faith in God is what brings us into complete obedience.

Now someone may argue, "Some people have faith; others have good deeds." But I say, "How can you show me your faith if you don't have good deeds? I will show you my faith by my good deeds." James 2:18 (NLT)

We show our Faith BY our obedience to God! Without God being first in our intentions....good deeds are JUST good deeds! We are Justified by Faith, through Grace, and our actions MUST reflect our Love and Obedience for God through Christ Jesus....THE LORD of our life!

I once read something that quickly became my 'motto'

"You can GIVE without Loving-
But you CAN'T Love, without Giving!"

Let us always remember that to Love God, is to Obey God.....Trust and Obey.....as the song goes.....There's no other way!

Father God,
I come to YOU in the most precious name above all names, Jesus, the Christ. I  seek to know YOUR will and to never grieve Your Holy Spirit. I find in Your Word, how to know and obey Your will and commandments. I find through prayer and fellowship what Your plans are for my life. Teach me, Lord, to follow after You!
I pray this in Jesus' Name. Amen!

Your Daughter,
Lily Sue




No comments:

Post a Comment