Dandelion Mist

Dandelion Mist
“He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose.” Jim Elliot, Missionary

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Blessed Is The Nation Whose GOD is The LORD!

Psalm 33:12
Blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD; and the people whom he hath chosen for his own inheritance.


Many times, here lately, I have been extremely distressed at the happenings going on all over America, and the world, for that matter. Yet, I know that Our Heavenly Father is still and always will be, in complete control!
I have been far more concerned, in my flesh, than I should be. I become quite upset at the ideology of our current President and his administration in the White House, Congress, and the Senate and Legislation. I'm filled with concern over the apparent lack of skills and concern regarding the Gulf Oil Spill, the Illegal Immigration Issues in Arizona, the trials of the 9/11 terrorists, the terrorist who tried to blow up NWA flight into Detroit, the massacre at Ft. Hood, the fires in Arizona, the failure and bankruptcy of California, the 10% and rising unemployment rate, the hostile take-over of banks, health care, and education.
Just writing these untoward situations in a list that doesn't even begin to tell even a small portion of the troubles of America, is unsettling.
It makes me feel helpless and often even hopeless, and filled with despair for this country and its future.
As I reflect on all these issues, I am reminded of how urgently we need to be intercessors for our government officials. It's truly difficult to be angry with someone when you are praying FOR them!
I hope to awaken each morning with a prayer in my heart and my tongue to begin to speak words of life and hope for this administration. I believe so strongly in the absolute power of prayer! I would like to invite true intercessors to pray for President Obama, VP. Biden, Nancy Pelosi, and all the WH team. I hope we can work together to raise intercessors for every member of Congress, Senate, and Legislation.

Ezekiel 22:30
"I looked for a man among them who would build up the wall and stand before me in the gap on behalf of the land so I would not have to destroy it, but I found none.
Let us stand in the GAP, let us build a wall of intercessors for America! Let us PRAY, unceasingly for our beloved America! God is the God of the universe. He has so richly blessed America. Let us give HIM the praise, respect, obedience, honor, and love that belongs to HIM!

2 Chronicles 7:14
if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
We are His people, and no matter what the world may say about us, we, as the children of the Most High God, have a high calling. Our first line of defense against the principalities and powers of this dark world, once we are IN Jesus Christ, is to put on the whole armor of God! Prayer is our foundation! Prayer is NOT the prelude to our work.....prayer IS our work! We communicate with God Almighty through our faith in Jesus Christ, by the Holy Spirit...it is a force unparalleled!
He is able to destroy every stronghold. There is nothing HE can't do. His arm is not short and His ears are not deaf to our cries.
Jesus said that IF we have the faith the size of a grain of mustard seed, we can move a mountain. We see our struggles as mountains, but He also said that it is "Not by Might, nor by power, but by MY Spirit Says the LORD....this Mountain shall become a plain"

Zechariah 4:6
So he said to me, "This is the word of the LORD to Zerubbabel: 'Not by might nor by power, but by my Spirit,' says the LORD Almighty.
If we plant the tiny seed of Faith, if we PRAY, water this seed of faith and cultivate it, care for it and allow it to grow....we will see Faith strong, multiplied, and powerful to move mountains. IF we have a seed of faith, and we do NOT use it (Plant it), but look at our tiny bit of faith, sit back and wonder if it will work- then it can do nothing! God gave us all a measure of faith, but like the parable of the talents.....we MUST use it, invest it, multiply it by applying it in our lives! We MUST be good stewards of that little mustard seed of faith.
HOW do we do that? Prayer! Prayer changes things. Prayer is the work, the foundation of the seed growing into gigantic endless faith. Faith brings peace.
We must pray with nothing doubting.
James 1:6
But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.
Let us pray, not doubting, for the Administration in the White House. God can turn anyone toward Him. Those who seem to be filled with evil intent can be turned, or the evil intended events can be turned for GOOD!
In this Victory Garden of Prayer, let us come together, here and now, and resolve to intercede in faithful prayer for our leaders, our country, Israel, and one another.
I admit that I truly need prayer in these matters of concern for America and this downward trend. Please pray for ME, as I pray for you,my beloved bothers and sisters in Jesus Christ.
My Precious Heavenly Father;
You are greatly to be praised. You are the One and Only God. You are just, righteous and true. You are faithful and eternal. Your mercies are new every day. You are faithful and just to forgive us. Your salvation is freely offered to anyone who will believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, Your Word made flesh for the atonement and forgiveness of our sin. I ask You, Lord, to Bless this country, protect Your children and show us how to intercede in prayer for the lost and confounded. I pray that Your Kingdom come and THY will be done on earth as it is in heaven!
Thank You, Father God that YOU care for our needs and concerns, that YOU listen and answer our prayers. Thank YOU for every blessing! I love You, Lord God, and I pray this in the Precious and Holy name of Jesus the Messiah of the World!
Lily,
I Th. 5:16-18

No comments:

Post a Comment