Dandelion Mist

Dandelion Mist
“He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose.” Jim Elliot, Missionary

Friday, June 25, 2010

Victory Prayer

Father God,
I am so thankful for your love! I so often fail to come even close to expressing the depth of the love I have in return. Your Word says You first loved us. How can we not love and be in awe of our creator!? We live and breathe and have our very being in You!
You are my shelter in life's storms and torrential downpours of adveristies and trials. You are the Rock of my Salvation and an ever-present help in times of need.
You carry me when I am too weak to go on. You hear me when I cry and You gently calm my aching heart. You remind me that the peace that only You can give, is freely given to me for the taking.
When I am in pain, You are my Healer. If my pain is a broken heart, You bind me up and shelter me in Your majestic everlasting love! If my pain is physical, You are my Great Physician. If I am afraid, Your Word tells me that Your PERFECT love casts out fear. I have nothing to fear if I am Your Child.
When I falter along the rocky paths, You give me Hinds' Feet. In my hunger and thirst, You are the Bread of Life and Living Water. I hunger for this Bread of Life and I thirst for this Living Water, I am walking through a weary land and I am tired. You have prepared a table before me, and I long to dine with You there!
You comfort me with Your Words of love and hope.
In the early morning You call me to our Secret Meeting Place. I bow down before Your throne and am filled with joy at Your feet! I feel so loved and secure in Your Presence!
My mind's eye beholds the beauty of heaven and I look for Your return. I quietly listen for Your voice and I call out to You.....the dawn is breaking, the birds are singing, the sun slowly creeps near the horizon, and I feel Your presence......and I wait for You, oh Lord.....I wait for You.
Thank You for meeting me in The Secret Place of The Most High! I will say of the Lord, HE is my God and in Him will I trust!
Lily
I Th. 5:16-18
Psalm 91:1

1 comment:

  1. Lily:
    What a wonderful idea...and I love the title !
    I'm not a blogger or Facebook person, and have to go days sometimes before I am able to read my emails.
    But if I had the gift you have,I can't think of a better way to use this gift of writing,and your desire to share Christ,as you
    are doing in these Blogs. Keep it up! Linda

    ReplyDelete