Dandelion Mist

Dandelion Mist
“He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose.” Jim Elliot, Missionary

Thursday, June 24, 2010

The Word Made Flesh

Genesis 1:1 ¶ In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. 3) ¶ And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

6) ¶ And God said, 9) ¶ And God said 11) And God said, 14) ¶ And God said, 29) ¶ And God said,

31) ¶ And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good.
I have written "and God said" because God only speaks and the thing comes to pass, no matter WHAT it is!!!


The Gospel of John:
1 ¶ In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. 10 He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.
14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Colossians:
17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.
18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.
19 For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell.

I have included these extremely important scriptures above for the many who THINK that Jesus is "just a very good teacher or prophet"
Believers in Jesus know the reality of His Deity: That God became flesh and blood in the PERSON of Jesus Christ. The Word was WITH GOD and the WORD WAS GOD, and the WORD BECAME FLESH and dwelt among us.
So many find it easy to believe that God created the heavens, earth, and all therein, yet deny the fact that God could become human and suffer as a human for those HE created! They deny the ability and power of God. They don't understand the Omniscience (all science/all knowing), the Omnipotence (all potent/all powerful),
nor the Omnipresence (all present/everywhere at once) of God.
These are things that finite/limited humans can't comprehend, although we know it in head/heart knowledge, we can't fully understand it, even if we like to think we do!
The ways of God are far above our ways and understanding. "For now we see through a glass darkly...." We are not meant to fully see everything clearly. If we did, where would faith come into play? Faith is the 'substance' (the tangible) of things HOPED for! We know by Faith, that something is very, very real and tangible although we don't actually see it....like oxygen in the air we breathe...we KNOW it's there, yet we will never see it!
Faith is also the 'evidence' of things not seen. Evidence is "PROOF" of things we can't see.....the proof of oxygen in the air we breathe is that we are alive and breathing!
Faith, therefore, is a tangible proof that what we believe in Christ Jesus' existence, His Diety, and His promise to return for His church, answered prayers,His resurrection after his death and burial, are all true and tangible.
I, for one, know that prayers are answered because I have seen too many things happen that can only be explained by prayer being answered....too many 'miracles' too many 'coincidences', too many 'chance' meetings, too many healed people, all these incidents are a result of prayer.
By Faith, we believe in the Word of God. By Faith, we come to Jesus Christ as our Savior, Redeemer, and by faith, we obey His Word as given in the Holy Bible. By Faith, we step out of the safety of the boat and walk with Him and believe on Him.
Jesus is the Light of the World. Jesus IS the Word made Flesh. Jesus is the Way, Truth, and the Life, and He IS the Light we need to follow in a very dark world.....no one can come TO the Father, BUT by Jesus the Christ.

John14:6) Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
Jesus also said (by way of the Apostle Paul to Timothy) He is the ONLY mediator!
1 Timothy 2:5
For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

When we go to the Father to pray, to intercede, to make a request, to worship, whatever our intent; we MUST go through our one and ONLY Mediator; Christ Jesus. There is NO other way!
The Bible clearly makes God's will known to us through His inspired Word. It is no secret what He expects and requires from us! Would YOU or I expect our children to follow and obey us IF we did not make our rules and requirements made known to them? Of course not! We make our desires clear and concise, and if one doesn't understand they may ask and we will show them what's expected. God is our FATHER, He will show us through scripture exactly what HE expects from each one of us.
Will we be able to go to God and ask Him anything and expect it, IF we don't OBEY Him??
Absolutely NOT!!! If we give to our children, who disobey, the desires of their heart, what does that TEACH them? That disobedience pays well. If we require that they obey us or they will NOT be rewarded, it teaches them to obey....obedience is NOT control, it's for the GOOD of the child....the same goes with God, our Father.
Now, altogether, God has created His beloved people. They sinned against HIM in the garden of Eden, because HE gave them free will. They chose to disobey and sin is the consequence....sin brings death and eternal separation from God. God became flesh and died as a perfect, unblemished sacrifice for our sin, that is HE took it upon HIMSELF to reconcile us BACK to HIMSELF.....all that we do is believe that Jesus IS that sacrfice, repent of OUR sin, and follow His commands....He said, "IF you LOVE ME, you WILL keep MY commands" This is BOTH Old and New Testament....not just the old covenant!
Leviticus 22:31
"Keep my commands and follow them. I am the LORD.
John 14:15
If ye love me, keep my commandments!
His commands are easy to follow: His two main and most important are:
Love God with all your heart, mind and strength, and LOVE one another as I have loved YOU!
Loving God is what makes us WANT to believe, repent, serve with gladness, obey, not grieve His Holy Spirit and love one another!
Loving one another is what makes us WANT to forgive, judge not, consider one another more than ourselves, etc. When we willingly SURRENDER to a LOVING, caring, all knowing God, we are essentially saying: 'I believe In You. I am Trusting You, completely, because You are God. You know best for my life. Lead me! I am NOT all-knowing, all-powerful, all present....but YOU are! I will follow You wherever You take me! Be the LORD of my life!
Victory Prayer:

Dearest Heavenly Father,
I come to YOU once again, in the Precious name of Jesus Christ, our Redeemer. I worship You! You are Most Holy! You are Righteous and Just! You are the Most High God and Worthy of our Praise! I adore You Father God. I thank You for Jesus, my Savior and the Savior of the world, the Messiah. I thank You for every blessing, although I am so unworthy! I thank You for only seeing me through the shed blood of Jesus! I thank You, that I may come before Your throne and receive mercy and grace by that shed blood. I thank You for Your Word, my comfort and guide through Your Holy Spirit, given to all who believe and repent in Christ. I am in constant AWE of Your Majesty and Your everlasting love. I stand amazed in Your presence, where there is fulness of JOY and PEACE! I confess that I am a sinner, saved only by Your grace and mercy! May I give mercy and forgiveness to those around me just as You have so freely given to me, a sinner. I ask You, Father, to shelter me under Your Almighty wing, and to grant protection favor and mercy to those who desire to walk in Your ways. In the most precious name of Jesus Christ, I pray. Amen!!!
In Christ Alone Our Hope Is Found!
Lily
I Th. 5:16-18

No comments:

Post a Comment