Dandelion Mist

Dandelion Mist
“He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose.” Jim Elliot, Missionary

Monday, June 28, 2010

Victory Prayer for June 28

Greetings in the Name of Jesus the Messiah!

This morning as I heard the 'local rooster' crowing at about four in the morning, I'm reminded of Peter on the day Jesus was arrested. How eager he was to declare his faithful love and devotion! Yet, as he stated that he would follow Jesus even unto death:

Luke 22:31-34
31)"Simon, Simon, Satan has asked to sift you as wheat. 32) But I have prayed for you, Simon, that your faith may not fail. And when you have turned back, strengthen your brothers."

33) But he replied, "Lord, I am ready to go with you to prison and to death."

34) Jesus answered, "I tell you, Peter, before the rooster crows today, you will deny three times that you know me."

How Peter must have felt on that day of denial! We learn from this, however, that God is a loving and forgiving Father. When we repent of our misdeeds and sinful ways, He IS faithful and just to forgive us and cleanse us! Praises be to God!! Thankfully He is more forgiving to us, than we to ourselves! Thankfully, a Righteous judge is He. Thankfully I stand before a just God, rather than a self-righteous man!

We know what to do, as believers, there is often no doubt. However, we so many times don't do what we know we should do. The flesh that wars within, I suppose. The key to fighting that selfish desire that rises up is surrendering our pride. Pride is the most difficult of all sins to give up, because we usually don't even recognize it as pride!



You face a crisis of belief when you know what God wants you to do but you don't do it. One thing God absolutely wants you to do is to turn away from any wrong thing: any bad habit, any fear not surrendered, any ambition or desire that prevents you from making Him Master. Will you stop and tell God what you are going to forsake? For me, I think it's pride. I have to honestly say I was very prideful when I was younger....but I equally as honestly say that I didn't realize it was pride until I was older and could recognize it as such. I believe that because I ASK God every day to reveal unrepentant sin in my life, that He does so, little by little....if ALL our sin is revealed at once, we could not bear to look into the mirror!

Almost daily I am reminded of things I have done....nothing too major, as humans would think of major, but sin is sin, and in the sight of God we want to "be ye Holy, for I am holy" and "be ye perfect, for I am perfect"

1 Peter 1:16
Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.

Matthew 5:48
Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.
The ONLY way to be Holy and/or perfect is IN Christ Jesus! When we surrender our will to make it one with God's will, when we repent and turn to Christ in absolute faith and ask Him to be the one and only Lord of our life, HE, through His shed blood and resurrection, makes us a perfect ten in the sight of God!

Jesus told His disciples that once they are 'clean' only their feet need a daily washing. This means that once we are saved or made clean through our obedience to Jesus, we are becoming sanctified. We are clean, but we get dirty walking around in a filthy, sinful world, making daily mistakes, and even acts of disobedience, so we NEED a daily 'washing'. We need to repent of acts of disobedience. We are immediately forgiven, yet we still need to be alert to Satan's tricks and sneaky ways to distract us, steal our JOY, and work his wiley ways to try to get our minds on anything and everything but on God!

He goes about like a roaring lion seeking WHOM he may devour!!! 1 Peter 5:8 (K.J.V.)

8) Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour

He can't steal your soul, but he can take your mind and heart away from God, and make your life so miserable that you no longer are having a close relationship or walk with God, until you can't even be differentiated from the WORLD!

Let us never be so high-minded and prideful that we begin to think we can stand alone in the face of Satan's wicked wiley ways!

1 Corinthians 10:12
Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall. I love this scripture because it reminds me constantly to ask God to BE the Lord of my life, to examine myself daily, to surrender to HIM daily! I don't want to do any declaration but that I Love Him, and want to stand firmly IN Him, and I pray that I will do so in the event of all temptation, trials, and tribulations that may come my way.

Victory Prayer:

My Precious Heavenly Father,

Once again today, I come to You in the Precious Name of Jesus, the Messiah. I thank You, Father, that You are life-giving! I thank You that my life belongs to You. I offer my will in complete surrender to Your will. May I be one with You as my Lord Jesus prayed! May Your will always be the only will I know! There are two wills in this universe: Yours and others....we can only be right with You, One with You, when we are IN YOUR will, not our own. You gave us free will and the way of it is that we can choose life, choose blessings, choose to walk worthy of Your love. I choose life! I choose Blessings! I choose YOU! Thank You, Father, for Your Sacrifice, for Jesus Christ. Thank You for Your Holy Spirit! Thank You for being my Shelter, Comfort, Guide, and Rock. I thank You for my daily surrender to you. Keep me upright in Your sight, I pray in The most Precious, Holy name of Jesus Christ I thank You!
Amen!!!

Lily
I Th. 5:16-18
II Corinthians 13:5

In Christ Alone Our Hope Is Found!

2 comments:

  1. My comment was: Let us meditate on God's word and get heavens reality.
    It will reveal God's way of seeing things,and then we can have peace,and also be truly equipped to do His will. (partical quote from a recent sermon I heard on TV)
    LINDA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Linda! I appreciate your comments!! That's an excellent quote....I love to read God's Word, Cross-reference, and just devour it!
    Blessings,
    Lily

    ReplyDelete