Dandelion Mist

Dandelion Mist
“He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose.” Jim Elliot, Missionary

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Garden of Prayer: A Living Sacrifice

In my last post I made a statement about being a living scarifice which is really no sacrifice as I copied below from previous post:

"A sacrifice that is really no sacrifice at all, but an offering of love to the ONE Who first loved me!"

Romans 12:1
I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.

I have been thinking this morning about our being a living sacrifice and it being our reasonable service. Being a word/terminology person, of course I know what sacrifice is. However, I wanted to look at Webster for their definiton, and this is the one I chose to use. It is third on their list of definitions for the word 'sacrifice'.

3) destruction or surrender of something for the sake of something else. I love the surrender part of it! When we surrender to Jesus Christ we are giving Him what is our reasonable service. That's why I said "It's really no sacrifice" at all, because His love makes it easy to give Him my all.
As a parent, we often tell our children how we've sacrificed for them, yet we know in our heart that it's an act of love, willing and unconditional. We would do it without hesitation because it's our 'reasonable' service as a parent to care for our children.

We delight to do His will out of love for Him. We know that our love for Him came out of His love for us.
(John 4:19 We love because HE first loved us.)

Romans 5:8
But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
While we were YET SINNERS He loved us! How amazing is that!? How can we not offer our body a living sacrifice, which IS our reasonable service to the ONE Who loved us FIRST, while we were yet SINNERS!

I enjoy reading three devotionals every morning: Joyce Meyer "Starting Your Day Right", "My Utmost For His Highest" by Oswald Chambers, and "The Daily Bread".
Of course, we do online Bible study pretty regulary...I would have said every day because we did, but now it's usually about four or five times/week. (Slacker!!)
If you've never used one I Highly recommend it! Maybe you could try
www.audio-bibleonline.com (http://www.audio-bible.com/bible/bible.html)
It uses Real Player for the audio, and I promise you, you will love it!

I sort of got off-track for a moment, but I mentioned the devotionals because we all need encouragement; DAILY! Joyce Meyer never ceases to amaze me with her simplistic explanations and insights. I love Osawld Chambers for the exact opposite insight....deeply pondering and sometimes reading through twice. Daily Bread provides me with insight from various authors, scripture, and a brief bit of poetry at the bottom. I hunger and thirst for more of God's Word every day. I search for new insights from fellow believers, music, and books. One of the reasons I wanted to do my own blog is that I love reading about God's Word, talking about God's Word, and writing about God's Word! Not that I have anything more important to say than anyone else....just the love of His Word, sharing it in some small way, and being able to express my feelings to anyone who will 'listen'

One thing that needs to be made known to anyone who reads this blog.....I care about what YOU have to say, too! I really want to hear comments, receive prayer requests, and know what questions we can search out together! There are so many blogs out there, so many rescouces, and we are over stimulated in the e-mail department.....life really has way too many distractions all around. I realize this is one more thing....one more...maybe the one that even 'broke the camel's back'!

My prayer is that it isn't a burden to read and comment at the end of the section. My prayer also is that you find it encouraging!
Have a blessed day!

Victory Garden Prayer,

My Father, I love You and I worship You. You alone are worthy! You alone can satisfy our emptiness and longing. You are Holy and You are the Most High! You have given us Jesus as our Lord and Savior, and we thank You for our free gift of salvation. This gift that cost You so much! I offer myself as a living sacrifice, a surrendered self, to You. Mold me and make me to be more like Jesus Christ. Search me and when iniquity is found in me, cleanse me, forgive me, and lead me into Your righteousness. I want to walk worthy of Your love!
Thank You for Your nail-scarred hands! Thank You for trading a Crown of Gold for a Crown of Thorns! Thank You, for taking MY place on that cross so long ago! Thank You for willingly laying down Your life, the King of the Universe, for ME! Thank You for Gethsemane and Golgotha! I know that I have nothing to offer but myself. I offer my devotion, my loyalty, my life, my everything because You first loved me.
In Jesus' Name, I pray. Amen!!!

In Christ Alone Our Hope Is Found!
Lily

I Th. 5:16-18
Psalms 37:4-5

No comments:

Post a Comment