Dandelion Mist

Dandelion Mist
“He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose.” Jim Elliot, Missionary

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Victory Prayer Garden

Today I am hoping to share thoughts from my memories; memories about how my mother walked with God and shared the love of Jesus the Messiah, through her songs. I knew more old hymns by the age of five, than most learn in a lifetime.
I am forever grateful for the love she showed toward her wonderful Savior! I listened to her beautiful strong voice and looked forward every morning to awakening to "Precious Memories, how they linger! How they ever flood my soul! In the stillness of the midnight...Precious Sacred Scenes unfold!" She sang with such exuberance and strength and with such loving awe of the God she loved so much!
I learned about His birth, life, and death on the cross. I heard of His resurrection and ascension to heaven and how He would send the Comforter, the Holy Spirit, and how He would return for His faithful and obedient children, one day.
Yet today, now so many years gone by, I still look to the clouds and ask "When will I see You coming, Lord Jesus?" I know He is coming back and the days are closer than when I first heard that wonderful promise. The signs and prophecies are being fulfilled daily, and I so look for His coming!
I pray that if you don't know Jesus of Nazareth, the One who died, willingly, a death so violent and a murder so undeserved, at the hands of the sinners He came to save and forgive and loved with an everlasting love, that no human could ever completely understand it! He suffered such persecution, mockery, beatings, floggings, and was literally marred beyond recognition; willingly and without one word of retaliation....all for YOU and ME! HE became the One who took our punishment for the evil that we have done, and all the evil past, present and future was meted out to Him rather than to us, the deserving ones!
WHY? He is God in the flesh...God made Himself human because He loves His creation so much and wanted to walk and talk with us, and show us His magnificent, great and unsurpassed love!
If you don't read His Word, the Holy Bible, I ask you, no I plead with you; Pray and ask Him to show you what He has planned for your life. Call on Him, and He WILL answer you! Jeremiah 33:3 says that He will....and I know for a fact; HE WILL!

Thank you for reading my blog! If you have comments or questions you would like to ask...we can study it together. I will pray for you as we walk this path; as we take this journey toward God our Creator, through our relationship with Jesus Christ our Redeemer and Mediator!
In His Love and in Christ Alone Our Hope Is Found
Lily

I Thessalonians 5:16-18

3 comments:

  1. I hope you will enjoy this new blog! Please! Make comments or ask questions, so that we can study together! "Study to show thyself, approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, RIGHTLY dividing the Word of Truth!
    II Timothy 2:15

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so very true - looking at the world around, at what is happening one can notice how many people are looking for SOME sense in their lives, often not knowing that the only sense comes from HIM; also they are unaware of the heavenly clock ticking... and they need help... through our prayer, our going to them to tell them about Jesus, about God's word, about making the most vital decision in their lives...
    Accepting Jesus changes everything - our lives, our perception, our present and the future, and even, paradoxically - our past... we learn how to accept it, live with it, learn from it...
    We just need to first accept our Lord...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I fervently pray that there will be many who will read and comment on this blog. I hope to share the love of Jesus Christ with a world that is seeking to know God, what it means to have a relationship with Jesus, fellowship with Him, and how we can grow and be stretched in applying faith, prayer, and knowledge of the Holy One. I challenge you to read the WORD of God, diligently seeking Him, and I can promise that IF you do, you WILL find Him, and as you obey Him, He will reveal great and mighty things to you!

    ReplyDelete